The health benefits of tea have long been known to promote better health, from mood improvement to preventing diseases related to the heart and blood vessels. Now, there is a new reason to 1 the beverage to your diet. A new study, 2 in the journal Aging, found that tea could help people get better organized brain regions. Researchers said daily consumption could 3 the risk of cognitive decline in elderly by 50 percent.
“Our results offer the first evidence of positive 4 of tea drinking to brain structure, and suggest that drinking tea 5 has a 6 effect against age-related decline in brain organization,” Feng Lei, an assistant professor at the Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine at the National University of Singapore, said.
For the study, the researchers analyzed the effects of tea 7 36 adults, aged 60 and above, from 2015 to 2018. The team asked participants about their psychological well-being, lifestyle and health. The 8 also took tests on their brains and psychological behaviors, and the magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) as well. 9 of their cognitive performance and imaging results showed that the people who 10 tea four times a week for nearly 25 years had better interconnected brain regions compared with non-tea drinkers. Drinking green tea, oolong tea or black tea provided the 11 , Futurity reported Thursday.
“Take the analogy of road traffic as an example—consider brain regions
12 destinations, while the 13 between brain regions are roads,” Feng said. “When a road system is organized, the movement of 14 and passengers is more efficient and uses 15 resources. Similarly, 16 the connections between brain regions are more structured, information processing can be performed more 17 .”
The latest study supports findings a research Feng conducted in 2017. The researchers previously found that daily consumption of tea could help elderly 18 or reduce the risk of cognitive decline. Feng said the new findings highlight the 19 effects of regular tea drinking, which prevented disruption to interregional connections and 20 brain organization.
1. [A] transfer [B] add [C] introduce [D] entrust
2. [A] distributed [B] inferred [C] published [D] appealed
3. [A] manage [B] defy [C] predict [D] reduce
4. [A] dedication [B] contribution [C] compromise [D] subscription
5. [A] incidentally [B] consequently [C] regularly [D] necessarily
6. [A] protective [B] dangerous [C] sufficient [D] troublesome
7. [A] against [B] from [C] with [D] on
8. [A] juvenile [B] mature [C] elderly [D] junior
9. [A] Analysis [B] Standards [C] Resolution [D] Division
10. [A] consumed [B] resumed [C] assumed [D] presumed
11. [A] chances [B] downsides [C] benefits [D] responses
12. [A] towards [B] by [C] through [D] as
13. [A] comparison [B] competition [C] separation [D] connections
14. [A] engines [B] vehicles [C] calculators [D] sensors
15. [A] fewer [B] more [C] limited [D] vigorous
16. [A] unless [B] lest [C] when [D] before
17. [A] accurately [B] thoroughly [C] cautiously [D] efficiently
18. [A] judge [B] delay [B] trace [C] replace
19. [A] positive [B] adverse [C] lasting [D] ultimate
20. [A] fixed [B] improved [C] united [D] established